Freephone: 0800 2888 680
HD CCTV: IP Surveillance
ANYWHERE Comprehensive HD coverage with every
HD CCTV the overview
If only you could see everything that goes on at your workplace or business. Absolutely everything that happens, 24/7. And be able to keep all of that on record, and go back to exact points in time, and even "smart-search" for specific events that took part in specific places. No problem: modern IP
surveillance can give you the global insight to help protect your employees, customers and business, improve security, promote productivity and comply with regulatory obligations. And this isn't just CCTV, it's HD CCTV — giving you extraordinary detail for the most demanding of scenarios.
what you can expect
Comprehensive service for comprehensive CCTV coverage
Week 1: Defining the operational requirement of your CCTV system
- What is the purpose of your surveillance? How big is the area that you need to cover? What level of detail do you need to capture? Who needs management access and where from?
- Once we've captured this basic information, we'll be able to give you an idea of what's involved, along with some early indicative costs.
Week 2: On-site survey and technical specification
- To ensure that you end up with a CCTV system that will perform to the levels required, an on-site survey is essential. This will allow us to determine the specification and number of cameras that will need to be deployed. For example, do they need to be weather proof? What are the lighting conditions? What field of view is required? What kind of obstacles might be present?
- We'll also need to consider with you the volume of data that's likely to be captured in a given time, and reach decisions on striking the right balance between image resolution/frame-rate and storage requirements for archive purposes.
- With these answers covered, we'll draw up a detailed proposal with final costings.
Week 3: Installation, validation testing, training and handover
- We'll order your kit (cameras, switches, storage and cabling) before scheduling visits (often more than one are required) to carry out the installation for you.
- We'll also make sure you're complying with the Data Protection Act (1998) and supply the required signage so that staff, visitors and customers are aware of your CCTV system.
- Once everything is up and running, we'll take you and your team through how to use your new system: from day-to-day monitoring through to footage search/recovery and storage management.
- We can provide the service as a one-off consultation and installation, or we can be retained on an annual support and maintenance arrangement — whichever suits your requirement.
who uses ip surveillance?
hd cctv in the wild
- Often the most obvious use for CCTV is to provide a deterrent to would-be criminals and otherwise identify and collect evidence to convict offenders. The function of video surveillance as a deterrent can also help your staff, customers and visitors to feel more safe on your premises.
Improve health and Safety
- Video surveillance can be used to monitor and improve health and safety on-site by ensuring best practice methods are observed and allowing your H&S staff to rectify and address any breaches that are observed. Having a video archive is also helpful, should a H&S breach or other incident occur.
Facilitate multi-site and remote observation
- If you need to keep an eye on several places at once, a centrally managed CCTV monitoring centre will give you a single point from which to view your entire empire. Maybe you need to see activity at various points on a factory floor, or view a live feed from a remote site.
Assess and improve productivity
- Sometimes the cause of productivity issues might not be clear until you can see the bigger picture. CCTV feeds can give you a better view of physical process problems, and of course, help to ensure a vigilant and dedicated workforce.
customer case study
hd cctv at the brewery
- Located in Cheddleton, the Staffordshire Brewery offers a range of triple cold filtered beers that are bottled on site, alongside contract bottling services that include a high speed bottling line, bottling/brewing supplies and equipment.
- The main drivers for the deployment of a CCTV system were 1) Health and Safety, 2) Insurance, and 3) Security.
- Footage had to enable the identification of individuals, number plates and instrument panel readouts. This was complicated by the fact that it was not physically possible to place cameras in certain key locations of the site, while very long, narrow, high-sided warehouse racking corridors presented a challenge in themselves.
- In addition, different areas of the site had different requirements for footage retention: the retail area was subject to a 30-day retention period, while a 14-day period would suffice for the rest of the site.
- It was also a requirement that key staff would be able to access live footage remotely.
- The required levels of detail were captured by deploying market-leading 4-megapixel, fixed-view cameras with varying lens lengths depending on the scene. This ensured that detail was fine enough to monitor instrument panel readouts, identify individuals and read number plates of cars entering and leaving the site.
- Optimum coverage of the long corridors was achieved by combining portrait orientation with high resolution images, which resulted in a level of detail suitable for the identification of individuals — even at the far end of the corridors.
- The key requirement of remote access to the footage and management suite was covered by the deployment and configuration of a dedicated mobile/tablet app, which allowed all of this to take place securely. Nominated individuals with user-defined privileges are able to view live streams, search through archives and be alerted to events triggered by predefined parameters.
- Adequate retention of footage was ensured by the provision of an on-site storage and management device, with capacity based on calculations that considered the streams from each zone (and their respective retention requirements) independently.
Get in touch
We're here to help with ip surveillance
Ready to talk? Whether you're coming to us armed with all the knowledge you need, and just need to iron out the final details, or you'd like the full lowdown on how our HD CCTV service can provide a visual handle on what happens at your business, we're ready and waiting to help.
0800 2888 680
We were already happy to work with Internet Connections from previous experience, and we got what we expected. Everything was clearly defined and explained as the project developed, while the system was delivered efficiently and with flexibility in terms of when the work took place, which was important to us in our operational environment.
Adrian Corke, Managing Director, Staffordshire Brewery